RDV des Experts: Session 2
October 14 @ 12:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
RDVs des Experts : Conseils d’experts locaux pour lancer votre activité aux Etats-Unis, optimiser votre développement, et éviter les pièges !
Cette série de conférences virtuelles vise toute société étrangère considérant s’implanter ou développer son activité aux Etats-Unis.
Session 2: 14 Octobre 2021, 12h-13h New York / 18h-19h Paris
→ Considérations juridiques pour l’expansion de votre entreprise e-commerce aux États-Unis, Presentation par BakerHostetler
- Quelles sont les implications fiscales si votre entreprise est uniquement digitale ; si vous disposez (ou non) d’espaces de bureau aux États-Unis ; et si vous travaillez avec des prestataires ou employés aux États-Unis.
- Quand envisager de créer une filiale aux États-Unis, plutôt que d’opérer à travers l’entité Française
- Comment structurer votre filiale américaine
- Comment vous assurer que vos contrats de vente seront exécutoires aux États-Unis
Webinaire en anglais
Meet The Experts: Local expert advice to launch your business in the United States, optimize your development, and avoid pitfalls!
This series of virtual conferences is aimed at any foreign company considering setting up or developing its business in the United States.
Session 2: October 14, 2021, 12-1PM NYC / 6-7PM Paris
→ Legal Considerations for Expanding your E-Commerce Business into the U.S., presented by BakerHostetler
- When to consider establishing a U.S. subsidiary, rather than maintaining an unincorporated business division of your existing business
- Thinking through your tax liability if your business is web-only, if you do (or do not) have U.S. office space, and if you hire salespeople or employees in the U.S.
- How to structure your U.S. subsidiary (US tax treatment of entity, tax withholding, intercompany agreements, transfer pricing, etc.)
- How to ensure your sales contracts will be enforceable in the U.S.
Webinar in English
Meet the Speakers for Session 2:
Asim Grabowski-Shaikh is a partner in BakerHostetler’s New York office. He represents public and private companies in corporate transactions, with an emphasis on securities offerings (including IPOs), mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. Asim also has particular experience in transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), and the renewable energy and life sciences industries. Viewed by his clients as an integral member of their team, Asim has helped issuers access more than $1 billion through public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. He offers clients practical, goal-oriented counsel, leveraging the skills developed and knowledge gained through his representation of issuers, underwriters, placement agents, major financial institutions, funds and registered investment advisors in a variety of transactions across many sectors.
John Lehrer is a partner and the Tax group leader for BakerHostetler’s Washington, D.C. office. John provides federal income tax advice focused on domestic and cross-border mergers, business acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, spin-offs and tax-free reorganizations. He focuses his practice on the overall corporate structuring (domestic and international) of taxable and tax-free transactions; corporate divisions under IRC Section 355; liquidations; shareholder redemptions; entity selection; basis and E&P calculations; deemed asset purchases; tax due diligence; corporate loss limitation studies (IRC Section 382); the overall tax aspects of bankruptcy and workouts; and the consolidated return regulations. He represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service with respect to private letter rulings and all aspects of dispute resolution, including responses to preliminary information requests, assistance with the audit process and representation in matters before the IRS Appeals Division.
Jennifer Rodriguez is a corporate associate in BakerHostetler’s New York office. She has a broad corporate transactional practice. She represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, joint venture formations, equity and debt financings, and U.S. securities offerings. She also routinely drafts and negotiates general commercial contracts. Jennifer has considerable experience with licenses, SaaS agreements, ad agency engagements, market research agreements and service agreements.